To help Chelmsford’s visitor economy get back on its feet following the coronavirus pandemic, the City Council has launched a partnership scheme with Visit Essex, offering a year’s fully-funded Visit Essex membership subscription.
Visit Essex are a membership organisation that promotes and develops tourism across the county.
The visitor economy has been particularly hard-hit over the last year and the City Council is keen to work with Visit Essex to give businesses in the tourism industry a boost. This is part of the Council’s wider business support programme helping businesses to recover from the impact of COVID-19.
The free Visit Essex membership will include:
- a listing on www.visitessex.com with online booking facilities
- a presence in Visit Essex marketing and relevant campaigns and activities, where applicable
- access to free training courses
- invitations to attend Visit Essex events
- monthly member newsletters and industry updates
- access to Visit Essex’s image library to use freely on your website to promote what Essex has to offer
As part of the partnership with Visit Essex, Chelmsford City Council is also running a bespoke tourism development programme for Chelmsford Visit Essex members. This includes:
- Chelmsford-specific local distinctiveness materials and training
- Marketing training to help businesses promote to the customers on their doorstep
- A number of one-one sessions with an industry specialist*
*nominal booking fee may apply.
Visit Essex’s Strategic Tourism Manager, Lisa Bone, is delighted that Chelmsford City Council is supporting tourism and hospitality businesses.
“We look forward to promoting more of Chelmsford’s tourism industry. We have lots of exciting campaigns running over the next year, including our Essex Big Weekend which businesses that sign up to membership will be able to benefit from. Chelmsford has so much to offer and we are looking forward to promoting Chelmsford and the businesses within it.”Lisa Bone, Visit Essex
To apply for a year’s fully-funded Visit Essex membership submit an online application form by 31 August 2021.
The City Council will assess applications on a first come basis and notify all successful applicants. Membership runs until 30 June 2022.